Sunday, March 18, 2007

Bran Muffins.

This is a standard recipe that I made my own. It's quite nice and not very sweet at all.

1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup oat bran
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons egg whites*
1/4 cup applesauce
1/4 cup robust molasses**
1 1/2 cups reduced fat buttermilk
1/2 cup raisins***

Pre heat oven to 400 degrees.
Combine first five ingredients and raisins,
then in a separate bowl combine the next four.
Then add wet to dry and mix, only until mixed together, don't over mix.
Line 12 muffin tins and evenly distribute mixture.
Bake for 20 mins.

* or one egg.
** or regular, the robust is darker and has a more molassesy flavour.
*** I used chocolate chips, although next time I would only use 1/4 cup or chips.

My alterations from the original.
I replaced equal amounts of buttermilk with milk, and added the baking soda to make up for the extra acid. I used egg whites instead of eggs. I replaced equal amount of applesauce for oil. And changed regular molasses for robust.

No comments: